A word on these collaborations...

A word on these collaborations...

As an M.A. candidate in NYU's Gallatin School I am engaged in a course entitled Collaborative Projects in the Performing Arts: Multimedia Collaboration and Interactive Internet Distributed Performance. Stay tuned here as this dancer collaborates with artists in multiple media. More on my website at www.ericafrankel.com. Send tweets to @ericafrankel.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Time on the Camera

On Monday evening I got to run Camera 3 at the Dinu Ghezzo concert. It was fun to find the sweet spot at which the camera would pan or zoom smoothly. Apparently I goofed by stopping the recording between pieces, since it makes the editing process difficult in Final Cut, but I hadn't gotten any guidance outside of "press record" pre-concert, so I'm trying not to feel too badly about it. It is all a learning experience, right?

I feel that my complete lack of technical background means I need to hear/see things more than once to understand. I still feel totally clumsy around all of the equipment in class, but I'm going to start doing some independent research on many of the fundamentals my classmates already understand.

Here are some photos from Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment