A word on these collaborations...

A word on these collaborations...

As an M.A. candidate in NYU's Gallatin School I am engaged in a course entitled Collaborative Projects in the Performing Arts: Multimedia Collaboration and Interactive Internet Distributed Performance. Stay tuned here as this dancer collaborates with artists in multiple media. More on my website at www.ericafrankel.com. Send tweets to @ericafrankel.

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Project is Unveiled: Tuesday!

On Tuesday in class I'll share the first experimental version of "The Grandparents Project." I'm excited, but recognize that there's a ton to be done until then. Especially because I volunteered to help a classmate out with managing the performance (basically producer, stage manager, talent wrangler, etc.). I knew that I'd be unable to volunteer for (read: wholly unhelpful with) audio or visual tasks, but wanted to challenge myself to take lead.

Here's what I have to do before Tuesday:

1. Pick up video from midtown, where I dropped it off as VHS to be converted to DVD.

2. Edit video on my computer into a clip to be played/projected during the performance.

3. Write up movement improvisation score to be shared with my collaborators.

4. Make sure all of my dancers know what to do, where to go, when, and how (and for those who are local, how they will gain entry to the building).

5. Prepare writing materials for the audience.

6. Consolidate all of my classmates' material needs, space requirements, and tech specs into a Google Doc so that we can establish a setup, program order, and more.

There's probably other stuff too, but this is what I'm thinking about this moment. Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment