A word on these collaborations...

A word on these collaborations...

As an M.A. candidate in NYU's Gallatin School I am engaged in a course entitled Collaborative Projects in the Performing Arts: Multimedia Collaboration and Interactive Internet Distributed Performance. Stay tuned here as this dancer collaborates with artists in multiple media. More on my website at www.ericafrankel.com. Send tweets to @ericafrankel.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Last Tuesday

I can't believe that Tuesday's in-class collaborative performances are done. The preparations were so involved (hat tip, Michelle, who made sure everything was coordinated seamlessly) that the 6 minute piece I presented seemed like no time at all.

So, "The Grandparents Project" took flight! I did a lot of work to make sure that my dancers knew what what to expect, so getting started was pretty much a breeze minus the few inevitable hold ups that came with being the first on the program and the first to test the Skype connection. My classmates were really good sports, and shared thoughtful anecdotes about their grandparents for myself and the dancers to include in the improvisation. The video I edited worked well, I think. And, most gratifying of all, I got some nice positive feedback. Score!

Alissa's boyfriend came and blessedly filmed it for us, so I will share that video here soon. In the meantime, here are some photos that I captured on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment